I mean I would love to, die to, kill to have these as my pets. A girl can dream, right?
Being an animal lover, I have always wanted to have a pet. I had one, for a brief period before my dog, just 2, tragically died, leaving my family and me devastated and my mother has since, vehemently opposed the idea of adding another pet to the family.
So meanwhile I am on this quest of convincing my mum to nod her head to the idea, I constantly find myself fantasizing about the pets I would love to own. And since I fantasize, I usually let my imagination run wild (It doesn’t cost!)
So here is the list of top 5 love-pets I would love to be a mommy to. (I am grinning as I pen down the list, such joy..)
5. Squirrel – I loved Disney show Chip & Dale. I loved their voices, their cosy homes and their teeth. I have not stopped loving these adorable creatures since. It would be fun to wake up to a bushy tail (lovingly) attacking my face every morning.
4. Penguin – “I hate Penguins”, said no one, ever. Seriously, who doesn’t love Penguins?? The name itself drips of cuteness! I love the way they walk and the way they screech. Heck, I love everything about them.
3. Elephant – Oh these hilariously cute beings.. What can I say except that there is nothing cuter than a baby elephant playing. I would love to own one to go on fun trips to woods with!!! 😀
2. Akita Dog – I saw the movie Hachi (based on a true story) and fell in love with these. I have always loved dogs and I decided then & there, if I ever were to have magical powers, I would get one of these to be my faithful companion. I have read that if dogs were to have a social hierarchy, the Akitas would be the royalty of the spectrum. I think it was meant to be, they look truly regal. (Apparently their regal looks are surpassed by their unusually intelligent brains & unwavering loyalty to their masters. Sigh.)
1. Dik Dik – I was tempted to reward Akita the no. 1 spot in my heart but alas! Dik Dik, with its hilarious name and cuteness-overload, blew me away. These petite antelopes belong to the forests of Africa and even after reaching adulthood, weigh just 3-6 kgs. (7-15 lb) max. And what’s more, like penguins, dik diks too, mate for life. 🙂 I am sure as the night falls, Wood Nymphs and Pixie-Fairies come out to play with them. 😀
Just looking at that stunorable (stunningly adorable – yeah yeah I coined that one..) face makes my heart go dik-dik-dik….
What are your dream pets to have??
p.s. The photos, just like these wonderful creatures, sadly do not belong to me. 😦
Here’s hoping.. 🙂